- Presides over and sets agenda for monthly board meetings and corporate meetings.
- Liaison for school with Wesley Church and Foundation if Director not available.
- Responsible for legal documents. Signs: contracts, checks, D.C.F.S. license application and annual report for Secretary of State.
- Chairs personnel committee to hire new personnel.
- Sets school calendar with Director.
- Drafts correspondence as need by the Director.
- Oversees any revisions to the Board/Staff manual with Director and Business Manager.
- Organizes and leads New Board Member Retreat before the end of the school year or at the start of the school year.
- Keeps ledger of all policy and By-Law changes including data of vote – A copy of action items is then given to the Director at the end of each school year to be filed in corporation’s locked file cabinet at Wesley.
- Oversees Board
- Coordinates Rummage Sale (with help of Host Family and Family Semester Project).
- Coordinates rummage sale (with help from the President, Host Family, & Family Semester Project)
- Coordinates Scrip Sale (late October thru beginning of November)
- Coordinates Local Restaurant Visits
- Oversees Givers’ Quilt Fundraiser (end of November thru December)
- Coordinates Make-A-Plate (with help from Family Semester Project)
- Coordinates CCP t-shirt sale (fall and spring)
- Takes minutes at Playtime Preschool, Inc. Board & Corporate meetings held 8-9 times a year.
- Assists President and Vice President with correspondence when needed.
- Produces monthly news bulletin and emails it to LISTSERV
- Coordinates website maintenance and design
- Aides the President and Vice President in their duties as needed
- End of school year, give the board approved copy of each month’s board minutes to the Director for storage in Corporation’s locked file cabinet at Wesley.
- Coordinates CCP’s public awareness (updates website, purchase ads, coordinates articles written about CCP for local website(s), distributes CCP brochures around the C-U community that Business Team revises.
- Oversees monthly deposit amounts and signs checks weekly for QuickBooks book (Business Team will deposit checks weekly and prepare the Tuition and Fees Balance Statement for August registration packets).
- Oversees tax return preparation by professional CPA and electronic filing (ensures paper copy of return is placed in CCP’s file cabinet)
- Coordinates CCP’s Family Pizza Picnic Event usually held the last Thursday in September (usually held the last Thursday in September (with help of Family Semester Project).
- Coordinates CCP’s December Cookie Lunch usually held on the first Friday of December (with help from Family Semester Project)
- Coordinates CCP’s Family Pizza Picnic held in May (with help from Family Semester Project)
- Communicates with CCP Business Team at least weekly
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Cast votes in the best interest of the school